Thursday, September 9, 2010

The changes in body after labour

It was the toughest night for me after the labour, share with those mummy to be..

Body temperature drops drastically, not only cold, it was freezing! My teeth were biting and I requested for 3 layers of blankets.

The nurse pressed her palm on my tummy hardly without giving any notice. That was terribly PAINFUL! She said that was to check whether my womb was contracting well. I looked at her with my nearly weeping eyes and groans, hoping she could be gently.. but she did not. Other than that time, the tummy was warm and still can feel the afterpain as it contract down.

A heavy discharge of menstrual blood especially when the nurse press on my tummy , I realized she is helping me to press out the clots (lochia) as I can feel the flowing each time she rubbed on my tummy.

Other than my head and both hands, the whole part of my body could hardly move, that’s why I said it was a tough night as the body and legs remained the same position the whole night, really uncomfortable.

The nurses did their routine check on me during the midnight to help me change the nursery pads. She will press gently on my lower tummy and asked if I feel an urge for urine. Though I can’t feel the urge when she pressed, but I think I need to. Anywhere, I used my little left strength to life up myself for her to put the container. That’s weird, I can’t urine. Is it normal? The nurse told me to relax and she left me alone. Urine is a very natural body act but I can’t do it for that 1st urine after birth. Very very very weird experience. Finally it took me around 10 mins.

The body was tired and battered physically but the mind was clear mentally and emotionally.

Therefore… sleepless.


expecting the next sunny day...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails