Thursday, June 28, 2007

My company got website woh..

Never know my company has a website until I saw it in the calendar. Hahaha...so slooww... it was done by big boss's son (eh.. he is a partime model lo.. quite yan dao. U can see him ard in the M1 2D advertisement).. just done last year and it is still raw with design layout & information. Nearly spill my drink out when I saw my name was indicated in the "Contact Us" page! wahpiang ~

whenever ppl ask: What are you working as?
I will said: Civil Engineer.. construction la
Then: Contractor one ar?
So: no no.. it's Precast..
Immediately: Precast ? what's that?
I will say: OOoo... just like LEGO!!!!!

LEGO is my childhood toys too lo.. mix & match to create whatever you want. Yalah.. my company is doing precast (pre-fabrication of concrete component) then deliver to site.. main-con will hoist the individual component & install one by one.. this is cost effective and time saving for the construction cycle time. About 80% of a HDB residential building is constructed by Precast Component. So.. it's like LEGO rite?

Tough I don't like much of the functioning system in this company.. but I really proud of the products that we done. It's not that easy to transform the unique architectural designed component into a steel mould and eventually casted with concrete.. Ooo.. this sound like we are a bakery too.

The types of components ranging from Wall, Column, household shelter (bomb-shell.. the place to hide when the building being attacked.. HDB said, this stack of bomb-shell will not collapse eventhough the building already half down.. but who dare to try?).. to the small component like drains & wheel stopper (u can find this in carpark.. the two small kerbs provided to stop your rear tyres in a slot)..

Look at this.. precast U-drain. Is HDB too precise or too idealistic?? I can't imagine that even u-drain also make it into precast.. thought it's easier to do cast-in-situ ?? sometimes bcos of the requirement of HDB.. we need to do lots of work jus to cast this kind of small volume component out.. not so worth gua..

Haha... that's what my compony doing and that's what I'm working on.. Interesting?

4 comments:

veerla said...

hahaha...
eh... it evident that you're an important personnel in the company leh...
u geng leh...hehe

Anonymous said...

I am more interested in your boss's son..Yan Tao??? haha... where's the picture of his :p

C

Yiqi said...

veerla.. geng meh? they jus wan to 充场面罢了啦..

c, so fast 恢复本色了? "门外两个头"还记忆犹新leh..my boss's son, though chinese but look ang moh.. macho.. bit like 王力宏kind, i email u his pic.. hohoo..

veerla said...

yiqi... i oso want....
haha...
"门外两个头" i oso remember leh. haha.. jing dian

Related Posts with Thumbnails