Thursday, August 30, 2007

4 yrs of sacrifice or hardwork?

I started off with the current company after my graduation from NTU. It is still remained questionable and un-answerable to myself why I was still coping with this company. The construction market was unbearably bad and I actually went through 8 interviews before I clinched this first job.

AL was the first lady interviewer I met and the interviewing process was short and clear cut. Frankly, I couldn’t stand the working environment after my first report day. The work is tough, the environment is dusty and hazard and the weather is HOT. I remember I had a very hard time during my 3-mth stayed in Tampines Plant till that day this take-grudges-in-heart manager kick me off to Tuas Plant. It’s all becos I did not able to show myself in the office immediately when he paged for me. When he asked why I didn’t come, I jus told him in cold face “I’m not Fast-food-centre” (actually I was doing my inspection in the yard). I was being informed to transfer to Tuas Plant few days later with immediate effect. I still can remember vividly that I pack my bags, helmet, safety shoes and took the MRT all the way from tampines to tuas, with tears. TAMADE..

Life didn’t turn better even though I was not under that bxxxxxd manager. The office was terribly dirty! Yucksss ~ I rather went to the washroom at the canteen everyday!! I survived myself in that miserable office for a month till I transferred to another Plant at Tuas Bay.

2004, all plants were shifted to Tuas Bay that everyone works under one roof. My world became hell again when this bxxxxxd manager joined. He was trying all his means to wash me off. With a little kind of 正气&骨气, I hang on my days regardless the barking-still manager. AL had a talk with me and eventually I was transferred into drafting/planning department. OH YEAH.. Go to hell lah production department!!

I worked as QS mainly preparing tender quotation to AL. I worked with my own and I felt warmth in this all-phillipino drafting team. This was a great chance for myself to show my capability and trustworthy.

For the past few years, I see old colleagues left and new colleagues joined. Till 2006, local grad engineer only left me alone and so unlucky that I had a hospitalisation leave of 2 mths. Afraid that the only-survive engineer will run away, they try their way to increase my pay, my scope of work.. etc. Now the take-grudges-in-heart manager never ever would shout at me. Well.. I can forgive you, but I will never forget what you have done to me lo !

I will have my 4th anniversary with this company 2 mths later. Yuckss !!

We had a company dinner last Saturday and there’s a long-service-award..

And I got my watch. (Presented by Big boss’s wife)

Argh.. wat a long & bored story.

2 comments:

Ange.T said...

I believe No Pain No Gain,
I believe what doesnt kill us makes us stronger,
I believe there is always a light at the end of tunnel..

You have been doing so well...
What you have experienced are preparing you for a greater, better opportunity! ;p

veerla said...

Yiqi.. congrats..
u survive.
u survive in the end still.

Related Posts with Thumbnails