Friday, May 4, 2007

五味杂陈 – Suck Interview

Came back to office on Wed with a very complicated mood as I don't wish to come back office and wonder when will my migraine attack again?

I took a half day leave earlier on as there will be an interview at 1330hrs.. Ho.. I used the excuse of going to meet my tiong bahru new unit owner for contract signing... but this AL wan me to go back office after I settle the issue.. "You took half day again? You jus back from the leave! Come back come back!" nah.. wait long long..

Alrite, I would like to share this sucking interview with my civil fellas..

“Since you are already so long in construction, why you wan to have this drastic change to go for design? Frankly speaking.. you are just nothing and just like a fresh grade !”

“okay, you don't have any experience in design, how about your result?... (after seeing the transcript) .. oh, your engineering paper didn't do so well, what's the reason? Our employees here are mostly second upper and above.”

“The best offer I can give is $2100, eventhough a bit more experience I will give like $2200 only. But I don't think you would accept unless you really wan to start all over again.”

“Actually you are not at lost; I believe you still can improve yrself in precast line. As an engineer, you can always implement or suggest what the best solution for your management and I'm sure there's always a career ladder for you to climb.”

“I didn't get chance to read your resume as I'm oversea. I called you for interview cos I saw your name as a Chinese. We prefer Chinese more than foreigner...”


Oh.. didn't read resume and ask ppl go for interview and kena all these sucking comments from you!!! Then wat's the point of stating "Only short listed candidates will be notified" ????

FED UP !!!!

My mood is terribly down for few hours. What have I done to deserve all this? After cooling down.. some of his comment might be useful.. it gave me a hint that maybe I shall continue my path in the construction or supplier line.. “if you're in precast, be the best in your specialities” .. yes, if you wan to enhance yourself and be more competent, try to be outsourced and think wide from your current job.. if not u can't show ppl your outstanding point when you go for interview.. as interviewer always expect more for EXPERIENCED candidates. And the truth is... we are not fresh grade anymore !

Good luck to all my friends there...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... guess we cant realli start all over again....cos we have already 5 years experience....and new grads are coming out soon..or u prefer to go civil servic eline?...

Anonymous said...

Pam: think the interviewer not professional enough to handle the situation properly. Think you will be better off not working for him

veerla said...

This interviewer was of low standard! Did you arrow him back? I would if I received comments like that as I'm sure I wouldn't be working for this company.

good luck for your next interview. After so many rounds of interviews, i learnt that you must really "jian ren jiang ren hua, jian gui jiang gui hua" (i'm still learning.. as i'm too honest.. hehe) and bullshit around... nothing to do with your experience somehow..

Anonymous said...

maldivian correspondent: hey... your interview is definitely very hard to swallow but thats very important lessons to learn. All interviewer will definitely question you why you are making such a switch (as per all other change of job scope or even job nature). So you got to bear this in mind and prepare yourself well for the interview if you really want to get into design firm. Interveiwers have to be harsh if not next time it will be even more difficult when dealing with Client or even the Builders. So remember to anticipate all the questions you can think of and prepare good answers. You have not been doing enough preparations hor.... hahha.... gear up yourself up for the next one!!!! jiayou!!!

Anonymous said...

yiqi,which compnay is that?..i am going a consultant company for interview called Maunsell tml leh...

Related Posts with Thumbnails